Friday, December 16, 2011

Evolution of a Toddler


I know the blog has been quiet for while.  Not because i haven't had anything to say or post, i just haven't had the chance to sit down and get it all out.

but today, I am making time for a milestone.  It blows my mind that Evan is two today.  Ryan's birth exists in mental snap shots and specific memories but with Evan's - the whole event still plays like a movie.  Lisa sitting near the edge of the bed telling me that i wasn't going to work that day, contractions in the kitchen, Lisa criticizing the route i took to the hospital :).  Even the hospital process - Evan's natural birth compared to the previous c-section had a completly different set of emotions surrounding it.  We really wanted to check out of the hospital sooner, and got him home just in time for two feet of snow to be dumped on us.

we know have an amazing little toddler.  Clearly he is two going on ten emulating everything that goes on around him.  He's never more than a couple steps behind his brother, but isn't afraid to step out on his own and take on the world.  Of course, that world includes scaling the OUTSIDE of the staircase, trying to make the biggest messes possible and repeating his favorite phrase over and over - "No Way!".

The kid continually melts my heart too.  I get the best welcomes when i get home from work, kisses before i leave in the morning and before bed.  He reaches out to lead you by the hand wherever he wants you to go.  He seems to have an innate love of music - singing and dancing at every opportunity.  I could go on and on, but suffice to say its been a blast watching him grow so far....

Happy Birthday, Buggy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your weblog the use of msn. This is an extremely neatly written article.
I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your useful info.
Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

My web page :: workouts to improve vertical jump