Thursday, April 17, 2008

Messy Dinner

Before we get into the pictures today, there are a couple of important milestones I wanted to point out today.

First, I want to say Happy 4th Anniversary to my beautiful wife and the mother of our son. He should be thanking us too but we'll give him some time.

Next - a very Happy 1st Birthday to Ryan's cousin Anna. At this time last year we were in Emeryville wondering whether or not she would be born on our anniversary. If I remember correctly she made it out with a couple hours to spare. We are looking forward to celebrating with everyone this weekend.

On to today's events - when I got home from work tonight I was greeted by the smiling face of Ryan, doing his best impersonation of Grimmace from the old McDonald's commercials. Apparently, eating blueberries in a mesh feeder will do that to you. He even managed to turn his hands a lovely shade of purple.

By the time dinner was over, he had added some cottage cheese and beef stew to the party. His attempts at "painting" with the feeder led to the lovely pattern on the highchair tray as well as the rather artistic swipe across his head.

I can't wait to see what we end up with when he starts self feeding.

No comments: