Thursday, August 23, 2007

First Doctor's Appointment


So we took Ryan in for his two week check-up today - he passed with flying colors. The nurse looked at me funny when I pulled out a camera, but I don't really mind. Ryan made his mark by blessing the wall of the office when they got him naked for his weigh in. I think he's marked his territory far more than the dog or cat ever have. But - on to the important stuff. He weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz. That's an ounce more than his birth weight. Even more impressive is that he gained 11 oz. in one week since his last visit to the lactation consultant. He's also grown to 20 1/2 inches. When we told the nurse that he was 19 3/4 at birth she measured him again to make sure she hadn't made a mistake. So, overall we have a very happy, healthy, well fed, growing baby. Although I'd like to think it's due to my uncanny ability to "bounce and pat" while singing Led Zeppelin songs, the credit really goes to Lisa who has been an absolutely amazing mother who goes to great lengths to give Ryan all the milk he needs. Trust me, that's no small feat with this little guy.

No comments: