Saturday, August 25, 2007

True Story

There are a couple things you need to know for this story to make sense.  First, I am a sucker for really good song lyrics.  Second, Lisa detests about 99.5% of all the music that I keep on my iPod.

That being said.....A few weeks before Ryan was born, we were driving around the Bay Area doing some shopping.  Lisa spent the better part of the trip with my iPod in her hand skipping pretty much every song that came on.  Fed up, she went to the menu, picked one of the 5 or so artists that she could tolerate and hit play.  This song came on and I was hooked.  I hadn't heard it in a long time and with Ryan on the way it really hit me.

A couple days later, with the iPod back on shuffle, this song came on again out of the blue.  It was fate, I told her and tried to convince her to change the baby's name to Dylan.  Lisa politely :) informed me that there's was no way an iPod would dictate our son's name. So, I came home, printed the lyrics and hung them inside my closet door.

I think of Ryan every time I hear this now.  I think we can all relate to the song and occasionally wish that life would return to its simpler days.  But those of you who have had children - watched them sleep, watched them grow, held their hands - you'll see where I am coming from.

This blog is starting to become Ryan's digital baby book.  When he's old enough to read it, I hope he understands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my own iPod tune, check out your email. G-MaP

Anonymous said...

Last Waltz. Solid.

MZ